What to do before and after each tan appointment
If you are not able to follow the "Before and After" instructions exactly as explained you should consider an alternative day or time to schedule your appointment.
It is recommended that you schedule your tan appointment in the early evening hours. If you have an upcoming event or vacation you should schedule your appointment the evening before the event or vacation, this allows time for the solution to set.
1. Exfoliate and shave the morning of or night before tan-very important to follow to receive the best results
2. DO NOT shower or exercise right before appointment, however you can shower/workout 3-4 hours prior to appointment
3. Remove deodorant- You can use soap and water, rubbing alcohol or baby wipes to remove. Be sure to remove deodorant from the front and backside of each arm
4. Remove makeup before appointment
- If your face is sensitive apply a small amount of face moisturizer
5. Pull hair up and back off of your face and neck
6. Wear a dark bottom piece of clothing-such as a swimsuit, panties or a thong
7. Wearing a top is optional
8. If you feel you have had great or outstanding service, be sure to tip your spray tan tech.
Wear loose fitting clothing
You can not wear shoes, socks, flip flops, or sandals for 8-12 hours
- You should not wear glasses or sunglasses for 8-12 hours
Avoid wearing these types of tops immediately after and up to 8-12 hours after your appointment
- Avoid crossing your legs and arms for at least 8-12 hour after tan
- Avoid any activities that may cause you to perspire after tan
Avoid a Manicure and/or a Pedicure after tan. If you must have one or both, make sure they do not use an exfoliate soap or scrub, avoid having your arms and calves massaged-doing so may strip your tan or lighten
Very important to moisturize every day after tan, as much as possible- if you do not continue to moisturize your tan will fade and could look blotchy
- Do not moisturize until after your first shower 8-12 hours after appointment
- When you shower or bath, avoid using bar soap, washcloths, loofah, or a poof sponge. You can use a body wash in your hands to lather your body
- Pat dry after bathing, showering or swimming; do not rub
- Please be aware that if your tan becomes blotchy or fades quickly, more then likely you did not follow the instructions above and a refund will not be given.
Available tan levels from Sunless Tans by EJ
Level 8, 9, 10
Sunless tanning is NOT a form of sunscreen. If you have exposure to the sun or a tanning bed, you are at as much risk of burning as you were before your sunless spray tan. If you will be exposed to the sun after your appointment it is advise and highly recommended that you apply sunscreen to prevent a sunburn.